Monday, February 9, 2009

Perception = Reality


It has been proven that how we perceive ourselves and the world around us has a direction influence on how our life plays out. Have you ever met somebody who was always "on top of the world"? Things are always "great" and they never have any major complaints or ailments? How do you think they perceive themselves? Do you think they view themselves as happy, healthy, and abundant? Or do you think they feel like they are sad, sickly, and broke all the time? Chances are if somebody is walking tall and feeling good about life, then they perceive themselves as being happy, healthy, and abundant.



Have you ever heard the phrase "self fulfilling prophecy"? What we think about, comes about. This is just the way the universe works. If we picture ourselves living a well rounded 3 dimensional life (mind, body, and spirit) that is exactly what we will manifest. If we sit around complaining about how terrible the economy is and how bad our life is, guess what.....we get more things to complain about. We always attract and manifest exactly what we give our attention to, there is no way around it.



If we want to improve our lives we must first improve our thoughts and the images that go with our thoughts. The next time you start to get down on yourself or start to complain, make yourself STOP and then force yourself to find something good to focus your attention on.

If you have been reading for a while, you may remember a post lat year where I mentioned a trip I took to the Spiritualist Camp (Cassadaga, FL) for a tarot card reading. At the time I was having major problems with my ex husband and I was fearful that he was going to burn my house down. Anyways, what Rosalia (I think that was her name) told me was that every time I had this thought I had to say "cancel, cancel, cancel" and then go on and replace the thought with a positive thought. She told me way back then, that my thoughts and fears would manifest themselves as reality if I let them consume my mind. It took me years of studying and reading to understand what she meant.

Our thoughts are "things" and they do create. Our perception is our reality. When we upgrade our thoughts and perceptions we upgrade our life.
Now test yourself, how do you perceive the image I added to this post? Is a terrible destructive ice storm or ice a beautiful happening of nature? hmmm....

No comments: