Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Found My MAILBOX




So, I finally made a decision on which box I wanted to use as my "Mailbox to GOD". The World Market had such a great selection that it was hard to decide. My finally decision was the wooden elephant box. I have always loved elephants. They live in a tight matriarchal society where all the females in the "family" work together to raise the young. I adore them for there strong sense of family loyalty. They live by my favorite African proverb "It takes a village to raise a child". And besides, they are so cute!




I used my mailbox today. I was feeling unusually stressed out and agitated. I just couldn't shake the feeling. So, I decided to write a letter to "God" asking for some direction. I started the letter with "Dear God, I need your help" and went on to "complain" about what was bothering me....which was actually the lack of knowing what was agitating me. By the end of the letter I had already received the answers I was looking for. It was uncanny and kind of amazing. Now I feel like writing a "THANK YOU" letter and sticking it in there.




I don't want anybody to get turned off by my use of the word "GOD". I choose to use this word because to me it signifies strength and omniscience, an all knowing power. You can substitute the words "Universe", "Higher Power", "All Knowing Self", "Infinite Intelligence", or any other word of your choice. It really does not matter, the important thing is that when you need help or guidance you just ask. The answers will come quickly.

No comments: