Friday, August 20, 2010

Good News

Just wanted to post an update on my Gram's progress at the nursing home. I talked to Aunt Marlene today and she said they put Gram on a treadmill yesterday. They had to use a harness to keep her steady while on the treadmill, but she was able to do a total of 11 minutes yesterday (4 minutes, then a break...3 minutes, then a break...then 4 more minutes). I think that's pretty impressive. The family also had a meeting with the nursing home staff to get a review of her progress since she got there. They said she improves a little everyday and there's still a possibility that she may eventually come home. They said the first 90 days are the most important.
It is hard being so far away from her and the rest of the family. Sometimes I wish I could just move back up to NY to be with them.
Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: