Monday, August 9, 2010

Something Bold

Well "they" say fate favors the bold. And when you get an inspired thought or idea that is a little out of character it is God, Spirit, The Higher Power, Subconscious, The Universe (which ever you prefer) nudging you in the right direction to get the results you are looking for.

Last night I got an inspired thought and I decided to go for it. It was a little out of the ordinary to say the least.

As all of the readers who know me personally know, my gram had a stroke a few weeks ago. It was very serious and they didn't think she was going to survive more than 24-48 hrs. She proved the doctors wrong and last week she was put into a nursing home. The nursing home is costing my grandparents $7,000/month out of pocket. Medicare will not pay for any of it until they have only $13,000 left to their names. Other than the stroke, both of my grandparents are in good health and will hopefully live at least 10 more years. We all know $13,000 is not enough to live 6 months on in this day and age. My grandparents don't get much social security because they retired at 40. They made some wise investments and have lived very frugally. I think they are still wearing the clothes they had when my dad was a kid. And they grow most of their own food in their garden.

Anyways, my grandparents both mean the world to me. They have always been there for me and I feel like it is my duty to help them pay for the nursing home. It is the least I can do.

My inspired thought has to do with helping them. I am trusting in God to help me here because this is almost like a shot in the dark. Everybody cross your fingers for me and say a little prayer. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I will keep you posted and let you know if it all pans out.

With Blessing, Guidance, and Love from God....

No comments: