Thursday, May 5, 2011

Strawberry Almond Milk

I was just sitting here on the couch reading a book when "strawberry milk" flashed on my brain. I have not drank "real" milk since I did the "30 days in the cave" challenge a few months ago. I have been making nut milk, usually almond, for the last few weeks. Making a large batch about once a week and using it as i need/want it. Luckily for me and my strawberry milk craving there was some in the fridge tonight.

I took 6 fresh organic strawberries, which were already cleaned. I tossed them in the food processor and turned them to mush. Then I scraped the sides with a rubber spatula. Next I added about 1 1/2 cups of almond milk and blended until the milk turned pink and all chunks were gone. Poured it into a tall glass and drank it down.

Very Yummy!!!


*** I also made a green smoothie for dinner, details to come when I have a little more time...It definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be.***

No comments: