Thursday, April 28, 2011

Raw Chocolate Pudding

I have fallen a little behind with the posting of my raw food adventures, but with good reason, my very best friend has been visiting from KY and you better believe that he had some strange looks to give when he saw what I was eating. I quote him saying "I remember a day when you would not eat anything and now look at ya." He was a pretty good sport and tried most of what I made. He still favors fast food and Mt Dew to my raw food creations.

Last night I made delicious raw chocolate pudding. Here's what I did;

Raw Chocolate Pudding

3 ripe organic avocados
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/2 tsp raw organic apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup raw agave nectar
1/4 raw organic almond butter
pinch of Himalayan sea salt

Peel and slice avocados and blend in food processor until smooth. Add all other ingredients and blend until creamy pudding consistency. Scrape sides of food processor and blend again.

One of the greatest things that I have discovered about raw food recipes is that you can alter them and they still taste great! I found a very simple recipe and added vanilla and almond butter to make it my own. Now I am in LOVE with this pudding recipe.

After eating dinner tonight I served this pudding with a few fresh organic raspberries on top! BIG HIT!!

No comments: