Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This one passed the taste test!!

Cucumber Boats 2-3 large organic cucumbers 1 avocado (cut into small cubes) 4-5 campari tomatoes or any type organic tomato (cut into small cubes) 1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds squeezed juice of a lime Himalayan sea salt & organic cayenne pepper to taste wash & peel the cukes, cut lengthwise, then spoon out the soft center & seeds, set aside. In a glass mixing bowl add avocado, tomatoes, & sunflower seeds. Squeeze the juice from the lime and gently toss. Add generous amounts of cayenne pepper and Himalayan sea salt to taste. Mix gently, then spoon into the cucumber boats. Cut filled cucumber boats into 1-2 inch pieces and enjoy! ******************************************* I found a version of this recipe online and modified it a little by adding the sunflower seeds. It truly is delicious and surprisingly filling. This was my very first experience preparing anything with avocado and/or cayenne pepper. I was honestly a little nervous. Avocados are on every "must have" raw food veggie list that I have came across. They are very nutritious and full of healthy fats to keep the brain sharp. Cayenne pepper is on every raw food "must have" seasoning list. A few months ago I would have turned my nose up at this recipe, but change is good and so is this recipe. Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading to the fresh farmers market in Deland to pick up some fresh organic veggies!!! I am excited!! I met a local organic farmer last Saturday morning, he's the vendor that I'm seeking out tomorrow. If I have time I may start shopping for my food dehydrator also, so I can make those yummy kale chips and raw crackers.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

not sure why this is all smushed together...i hv tried to repost it twice so it looks more like a recipe and is easier to read, but it just wont cooperate with me.