Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sprouts are ready to eat!!!


Sprouting success!!!


After taking my sprouts out of the sprouting jar and putting them in a large glass pan in the sun for a few hours their leaves turned green and they were ready to eat. For lunch I made lettuce wraps with the fresh organic romaine that I bought from Access to Organics. I filled them with shreds of cuke, shreds of carrot, diced tomato, avocado, sunflower seed, pecans, fresh dill, green olives, and my delicious home grown sprouts!


I would say I have enough sprouts to last about 3 days, which works out great because 3 days is about how long it takes to sprout more. I have already started my 2nd batch, this time I'm trying red clover.


Also today I made Raw Chocolate and it is so yummy! Here's the recipe (everything being raw & organic) ;


1/2 cup cacao powder

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/4 cup almond butter

1/4 cup agave nectar

1/2 cup almonds

3 tbsp sunflower seeds


mix coconut oil, cacao powder, and agave nectar in a glass bowl.

Add almond butter and mix well.

Chop almonds & sunflower seeds in food processor until desired size, then add to "chocolate" mixture.

Lightly grease a glass pan with a little coconut oil. Spread chocolate mixture into pan and put in the fridge until semi-firm. Remove from fridge and cut into bite sized pieces.

Keep chocolate refrigerated until ready to eat.

**Coconut oil becomes a liquid in the Florida heat and will make a runny mess if left out on the counter.

No comments: