Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Remember to Give "Thanks" on Thanksgiving

It hardly seems possible that another year has passed by since last Thanksgiving. This year has practically flown by. Madison is 6 1/2 months old and started crawling over 2 weeks ago, she even started pulling herself up already. Xavier is just over 2yrs and I swear he acts like he is 5. He speaks in full sentences and surprises us with his cleverness everyday. He keeps asking for roller skates from Santa. I brought him to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society fundraiser that a friend and I coordinated last weekend. It was at the roller skating rink. I was hesitant to bring him, I thought he was too young, but he had a great time.

When I look at my kids I know everything in life is perfect. Our family has so much to be thankful for, I don't even know where to begin. Every night as I rest my head on my pillow and drift off to sleep I run a "Thank You" list through my head. I thank God for all the great qualities in my children and my husband. I thank him for our friends and family. I thank him for the experience that have brought me to where I am today. The list goes on until I fall asleep. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes and sometimes it takes 20, either way it puts me in a peaceful state as i drift off.

I figure with tomorrow being the national day for giving thanks, it is most appropriate to remind everyone to take a few minutes and be thankful for all that we have. The law of attraction says that having gratitude is a fundamental part of attracting goodness into our lives. We have to learn to appreciate what we already have before we can be blessed with more.

I wish everyone a Very Happy Thanksgiving. And I urge you to take a moment and appreciate all that you have and appreciate the time that you have with your families (even if they make you crazy).

No comments: