Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why Do I Care?

Recently I had someone ask me why I put some much time and energy into this blog. They said "Don't you have enough on your plate?" and "How do you find the time?". My answer was, "Well, you can always find time to do things if you think they are important enough." That was sort of a "get off my back" cliff version of the whole explanation. I am going to attempt to explain myself a little more thoroughly with the expectation of "that person" eventually reading the post.

The reasons are simple, I have read numerous books and listened to even more audios on personal development, the law of attraction, positive living, etc... and there is one thing that every single author has said. They all say in order to be truly successful you must take the time to teach others. They also say that to truly master anything you must be able to teach it to others in a way that they can understand it. It seemed only natural for me to start this blog. I love to write and I can reach more people on a daily basis than I ever could by talking to them in person. At first I thought it would be great to write for my friends and family. I was excited to tell them all that I know. Now my vision has grown. I have realized that I am going to be spending the same amount of time writing no matter how many people are reading. My new goal is to reach 1000 people everyday. I am sure by the time I reach this goal I will have an even bigger goal in mind. But for now that seems big enough.

Think about how great this world would be if everybody made a serious study of bettering themselves. They would not only be bettering themselves, they would be bettering the world! Jim Rohn tells it best when he tells of the agreement he makes with his friends. He says "I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of yourself for me." The point being, when you make a serious study of bettering yourself, you are giving a great gift to your friends and family. Who wouldn't want a friend who was truly happy and fulfilled. Someone who is always able to find the good in everything and brighten any situation. Someone who's judgement you can trust to be fair and honest.

Having 2 young children growing up in today's society makes it even more important for me to reach as many people as possible. Happy people make for a better environment for our children to grow and experience life. Happy parents and teachers raise happy and well balanced children. Happy and well balanced children make for better peers for my children. I want my children to have the privilege of growing, learning, and experiencing a happy harmonic world. I will do all that I can to make that possible.

I hope this explanation is satisfying and I apologize for the shortness of my original response.

No comments: