Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Law of Polarity

The Law of Polarity says "In order for something to be really bad, it must at the same time be really good". This Law of Polarity is one of seven that James A Ray teaches in his Science of Success program. Once you understand this law it will make it much easier for you to find the positive aspects in every situation.

Let me explain with a real life example that me and my very good friend Andrea were just talking about. A few months ago Andrea's grandfather was playing with her children and he hurt his back. I remember how terrible Andrea felt, her grandfather had to make numerous trips to the doctor's office, and the whole situation was just a mess. Now at first glance most people would say nothing good could come out of this situation. But mid last week we found out just how the Law of Polarity works. Because of all the doctor visits and tests that her grandfather has had, they were able to detect the cancer in his body. Her grandfather was diagnosed with myeloma, which is a blood cancer.

Once again when something is really bad, it also has to be really good. The good thing is it was caught very early and they can start treatment right away. If it wasn't for her grandfather getting hurt from playing with her kids too hard, he may not of been diagnosed until it was too late.

Sometimes when we are experiencing something that seems bad at the moment it is hard to find what is good about it until later on, maybe even years later. Think back to some of the hard times that you have had and try to find what good came from the situation. Often times people will tell you that what seemed to be the worst experienced came be the most positive. I actually had a patient about 3 weeks ago tell me that having cancer was the best thing that ever happened to him. It pulled his family together and forced him to take a long hard look at his life. Now he only does the things he wants to do. He spends time with his family and he is truly happy. I have this guy's face engraved in my mind because he was so happy that he seemed to glow. His attitude was inspiring.

I know Andrea's grandfather will pull through this with flying colors and in a few months or maybe a few years we can ask him what was the good that came from it. Until then I hope that all of you reading will put him in your prayers and pray for a speedy recovery. Most of you know that I am training to run a marathon in January. It is a fund raiser for the Leukemia / Lymphoma Society. All the proceeds go toward finding a cure and helping the patients of not only leukemia and lymphoma, but all blood cancers. I will be honest, when I signed up for the race I did it merely to get in shape after being pregnant for almost 3 years straight, but now when I run I will be running for Andrea's grandfather. All the more reason to finish my training and finish the race.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/wdw09/twilliar4k

No comments: