Thursday, October 2, 2008

Why is This Stuff Important?

It is only natural to get opposition from people who don't understand what personal development is. Just the words personal development sound like you are admitting something is "wrong" with yourself. Most people are unwilling to do that. Heck, most people are unwilling to take the blame for leaving the cap off the toothpaste! The mere fact that you are here right now reading this post puts you in the 3% club. The 3% club is actually a very exclusive club, studies show that only 3% of the world's population make a serious study of themselves and success. Sounds crazy doesn't it? That gives us an advantage over 97% of the people on the whole earth.

One of my favorite authors, Jim Rohn, has a quote that I absolutely love. He says you need to learn to "Work harder on yourself than you do on your job." Then he follows it with "If you work hard on your job you'll make a living. If you work hard on yourself you'll make a fortune!" How about that? "If you work hard on yourself you'll make a fortune!" What if it was that easy. Those words alone have been the fuel for my fire. When I get tired I just think back to those words and realize it is all worth it.

Anybody who knows me will tell you I have always been the one with high expectations for myself and everyone around me. For a long time these high expectations were a source of aggravation for me. I had all these big plans and wasn't sure how I was going to get them all done. When the people around me seemed uninspired and happy with their "normal" life, that aggravated me to. I had places to go and things to do and was definitely unhappy sitting on the couch watching tv. Mediocrity is for the lazy and uninspired.

The human mind and body are marvelous things, but they do not come with owner's manuals. You have to reach out into the world and find the bits and pieces of information yourself and put together your own owner's manual. Once I started this quest, I became somewhat addicted. I kept hearing those words; "Work harder on yourself than you do on your job. If you work hard on job you'll make a living, if you work hard on yourself you'll make a fortune". I still take those words to heart. Everyday I am reading more and more. Every time I go on amazon.com I check out with a new pile of reading material. My mp3 player no longer has music on it. When I am at the gym I am listening to an audio that I have downloaded. When I am in the car everyone in the car with me is listening to one of my personal development Cd's. I am sure there will be a day when the kids protest and want to listen to music, but until then they are subconsciously getting this positive stuff ingrained in their minds.

Some may say "How can you spend so much time on yourself? Isn't that a little selfish?" I am hear to tell you "no". What better gift can you give the important people in your life than the gift of a happy, healthy, successful and positive friend and family member. If your not filling yourself with the positive chances are you'll be filling yourself with the negative. So it should be a no brainer. People learn new stuff everyday. So instead of learning the lyrics to the newest song on the radio why don't you take that drive time and learn something positive.

The best part about personal development, the law of attraction, and the art of positive living is there is enough goodness to go around. There is no limit on the supply of goodness available to us. There is no reason to keep this information horded in our own minds. We need to share it with everyone we know. Think about it, the more people that study this stuff the more positive energy there will be flowing around. How could more happiness in the world be bad? I say "the more the merrier", if you know anybody who could benefit from this information go ahead and give them the link. There is no secret handshake for the 3% club, you just need to be willing to put a little effort into grooming yourself into a more positive person.

I will not be happy until this forum serves as a spot for thousands of people to come and share their thoughts everyday. Think about how great it would be if everybody in your family followed this blog. Think of all the new positive conversations you could have. And what if every single one of them wrote their vision statements and read them everyday. You could watch their lives transform as yours does. We can all grow successful and wealthy together. That is my goal. TRUE WEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR MYSELF, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS AND EVERYONE AROUND ME. Make it your goal too and we will work together to steer this ship in the right direction.

No comments: