Thursday, October 9, 2008

What's Next?

I'm sure some of you have started your vision boards and I know a few of you are still finishing up your vision statements and that is fine, get them to me when ever you can (tonya.therightdirection@gmail.com). My dilemma is figuring out which way to turn next. I have so much important stuff to tell you and it is all equally important. On this journey I have been studying both the "law of attraction" and the "art of positive living". Although they are interwoven the law of attraction is based on a much more metaphysical level and some people find it hard to understand. I think it is important to have the fundamentals down first before we venture to far out into the "science" part of it.

I'm sure you have gotten an idea of how much I like Jim Rohn ( http://www.jimrohn.com?kbid=9487 ). He is a true master of his craft. In my opinion he is even better than Zig Ziglar. Even the most well respected teachers of the "law of attraction" reference Jim Rohn on a regular basis. His teachings are the timeless fundamentals that everybody needs to have in their back pocket. They really need to start teaching some of his lessons in schools.

For this reason, I will be focusing the next few topics of discussion on Jim Rohn. This will give everybody time to catch up and get their vision statements & vision boards completed. We are going to start with one of my favorite books that Jim Rohn has written; "The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle". If you are interested in following along in your own copy of the book you can follow the link to his website, go to the "directory" on the left side of the page and click on "Jim Rohn's online catalog", then scroll about half way down the page until you see the book. It is currently on sale for $9 (paperback), I think I paid $12.95 for my copy so that's a pretty good deal. I also noticed that "Twelve Pillars" is on sale for $9 (paperback). We will eventually be discussing it as well. If you are thinking about following along in your own book you may want to pick up both and save on shipping.

Jim Rohn says that truly wealthy people always have a library in their house. In order to become wealthy you need to start thinking and acting wealthy. He suggests clearing out a space in your closet or buying a small book shelf and starting your library one book at a time.

No comments: