Monday, October 27, 2008

Why Are We Still Attracting What We DON'T Want?

If the law of attraction is so "easy", then why are so many people still attracting what they don't want into their lives? It would be foolish to think that this very question has not passed through all of our minds. The answer is quite simple, it all roots back to what I have said previously about emotion = motion = results. Have you ever heard the saying "Energy flows where attention goes."? I believe it was my favorite mentor from the secret, James A Ray, who said it first.

These 5 words have so much power in them, "Energy flows where attention goes." Just say it a few times and think about it. What does it mean? Say it a few more times and really think about it. Energy flows where attention goes. It means that what ever you are thinking about, worrying about, and complaining about is what you are sending energy to. And remember the mind can not process a negative, so if you are thinking about "not" wanting something to happen, then what you are really saying is that you DO want it to happen. When you worry about things and complain about things you get emotionally involved with these thoughts which in turn puts fuel on the fire. Remember what I said about emotions. When you write your vision statement you want it to provoke emotion because emotions are the impulses of thought energy that attract things to you, so you in turn get what you are emotionally asking for.

I know this is all a little confusing for some people to understand. Let me try to explain with an example from my own life. It has been many years ago now, but at one time I was married to a "not so nice" guy. After many years of abuse I got the courage to "run away". I left him and filed for a divorce. He was very angry and threatened my life on more than one occasion, he in turn went to jail quite a few times. The last time that he went to jail he had told a friend of his that he would "get me back" and that I better "watch out". His friend had called to tell me to be careful. The details of the story are unimportant, but I began to worry obsessively about my house, my car, my family, and my friends. I was at a point where I had to decide if I was going to move back to New York or stay in Florida. I decided to take a trip to Cassadaga, a little town in Central Florida known for it's Spiritualists, tarot card readers, psychics, etc. I saw a woman by the name of Aryella. She did a Aurora and tarot card reading on me. She instantly sensed that something was wrong and asked a few questions. I told her I needed a little guidance and I wasn't sure what to do. If I went back "home" he may follow me and hurt my family and if I stayed in Florida I feared he would burn my house down. Aryella told me point blank that if I did not stop worrying about it I would "make" it happen. She instructed me to only think positive thoughts, even when I thought of him. Instead of thinking about how awful he was, I had to wish him well and happiness. Whenever a "worry" crossed my mind she wanted me to say "cancel, cancel, cancel" and instantly put a happy thought in place of it. She told me not to worry one more minute about what he was doing or going to do. As long as I knew I was safe, I would be. She told me that our thoughts had the power to create whatever it is that we think about. If I thought about my house getting burnt down long enough it would happen. If I thought about being happy long enough it would also happen. I will admit when she told this, I thought it was just crazy talk, but I did pay $70 for her to tell me this, so I thought I better at least give it a try. I did exactly what Aryella said, every time I had a worrisome thought I said "cancel" 3 times and then replaced it with a happy thought. This took a lot of work and mental energy because I was so consumed with fear. I was probably saying "cancel" every 15 minutes for the first week or so and then it eventually tapered off. Once I realized it was better to focus on the positive things that I wanted it didn't take long at all for happiness to move into my life.

Aryella taught me these universal principles long before I knew what the law of attraction was and she even called it by a different name. The point is, these principle work regardless of whether you believe in them or have a fancy name for them. It is a law of nature, just like the law of gravity. The law of gravity works from day 1, long before we take our first science class. Ignorance does not pardon us from this basic law, nor does it pardon us from the law of attraction. Do yourself a favor, use Aryella's little exercise. Whenever you find yourself worrying or complaining, just stop yourself and say "cancel" 3 times and replace the thought with something positive.

No comments: